You have little time, but want to cook tasty snacks? Do you have bread at your home? We have some simple recipe ideas with bread. These simple recipes will help you make tasty snacks in no time.
1. Bread Upma
Bread upma is a style of south Indian food. It takes around 10-15 minutes for its preparation. It is not completely a snack, it is even preferred by people as a part of their breakfast. It is even a good recipe when you have few slices of bread left at your home.
1. Heat a pan and toast the bread until crisp on both the sides. It can be even done using an oven.
2. Cut the bread into smaller parts after the bread completely cools out.
3. Again heat the pan and add a little oil into it.
4. Add mustard and curry leaves and fry until they become crisp.
5. Add the chopped onions and fry them until they turn light brown.
6. Add tomatoes and then add turmeric powered into it.
7. Add chilli powder and salt according to your need.
8. Add a little water and leave it for some time until it becomes a thick paste.
9. Add the bread pieces into it and mix it well until all the parts of the bread mix up with the paste.
10. Add coriander and curry leaves for its decoration and serve hot.
2. Bread Roll
The bread roll is a great recipe for evening snacks. It is very easy to make. It requires very little ingredients for its preparation.
1. Dip the bread one by one in water and take it back immediately. This is done to make the bread softer.
2. Squeeze the water in the bread pressing between your palms.
3. Prepare a mixture of potato to place inside the bread.
4. Put the mixture of potato in the centre of the bread and roll over the side of the bread to form a perfect shape.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry the bread roll in it.
6. Serve the hot bread roll with tomato sauce for evening snack
3. Bread Vada
It is a simple recipe made using mixed vegetables. It is a great evening snack. These are very quick to make. It is a delicious snack which goes perfectly with a hot cup of tea or a coffee.
1. Take the bread pieces in a bowl.
2. Add green chillies, ginger paste, onion, curry leaves and required salt into the bowl.
3. Add rice flour and yogurt and mix it well with your hand.
4. Shape into vada using your palms.
5. Keep oil in a pan and once the oil is hot, drop one by one vada at a time.
6. Once the one side of vada turns golden brown colour, cook the other side too.
Serve the vada hot.
4. French toast
It is one of the delicious and easy breakfast recipe made using bread. It is the most preferred by kids. The thick bread slices are more suitable for making a french toast.
1. Toast the bread on medium heat. The mentioned step is optional but it is good if you have time to toast the bread.
2. Break the egg into a bowl and add a pinch of salt, adequate sugar and milk into it.
3. Mix the ingredients in the bowl well until it turns frothy.
4. Heat a pan with butter.
5. Dip the bread in the mixture on both the sides.
6. Place it on the pan and toast it on both the sides.
7. You can sprinkle sugar on the bread if needed.
5. Bread omelette sandwich
Bread omelette sandwich is considered to be one of the most famous street food in India.
1. Add oil to a pan and heat it.
2. Pour the beaten egg into the pan and allow to cook until the base firms up.
3. Flip it and fry on both sides.
4. Apply cheese slice on the omelette and lift up the omelette with a spatula.
5. Place a slice of bread on the pan and place the omelette along with the cheese above it.
6. Place another slice of bread above it and toast it slightly.
7. Serve the bread omelette hot.
Try these simple recipes and have the delicious snacks for the evening meal. These snacks will take only about 10-15 minutes for its preparation. Turn any day into a special occasion with our best quick bread recipes