Realme ensured its place in India’s smartphone market by introducing Realme 3 Pro, which came as a worthy opponent to Redmi Note 7 Pro. Smartphone geeks praised the model for its spec-loaded avatar that came with a light price tag. Ever since, users have been waiting eagerly to be amazed by their next big launch- Realme X. The feature-laden Realme X was officially launched last May in China. Company sources have tweeted about its imminent launch in India, by the 15th of this month.
Sporting an in-display fingerprint sensor, and a notch-less full screen, the Realme X runs on Android 9.0 Pie with a ColorOS 6.0 skin, just like the previous model. It was launched in China in 3 variants- 4GB+ 64GB, 6GB+ 64GB and 8GB+ 128GB. It was already announced by the company that the Indian version would have slight variations from its Chinese counterpart. Even then it would be a tough competitor to Redmi K20. Anyways, let us take a look at what is to be expected, and what is not to be.
- Qualcomm Xiaolong 710 processor
- Rumoured that the Indian variant would sport a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 processor (not confirmed)
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Pop-up selfie camera
- 4GB RAM+ 64GB internal storage
- 6GB RAM+ 64GB internal storage
- 8GB RAM+ 128GB internal storage
- Lacks external storage support
- 53-inch bezel-less, full-screen AMOLED display
- FHD+ 2340x 1080 pixels screen resolution
- the aspect ratio of 5: 9
- 394 PPI density
- 48-MP primary sensor with an f/1.7 lens and a 5-MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 lens
- 16 MP pop-up selfie camera with f/2.0 lens
- 4K, 30fps video recording
- 1080P slow motion at 120fps.
- 3765mAh battery
- 20W VOOC flash charge 3.0 support
- 5 mm headphone jack
- Type-C Port
- glass body
- Steam White and Punk Blue colour variants
- Onion and garlic design master editions from Japanese industrial design master Naoto Fukasawa
- Spider-Man: Far From Home- exclusive movie gift-box edition
- Between ₹ 15,000 and ₹ 18,000
Great performance, amazing display, premium camera set up, pop-up selfie camera, immersive notch-less screen, and fast charging are the main pros of this model. These are what you really invest in while buying the phone. In fact, Realme X shall be the first smartphone in India under ₹20,000/- to introduce pop-up selfie camera. So if you are looking for all of these at a decent price range, then you can definitely go for it, or rather wait for it.
The Indian smartphone market is very diverse. We have customers for budget smartphones and high-end flagship models alike. When Realme X is introduced to such a market, the chances of it creating a wave is pretty high.
These many specs and a mid-range price tag that is not heavy on the pocket is what is going to benefit you. So if you are ready to deal with the limited storage issue, then this shall be the best budget flagship phone you can own.