Home Beauty How To Thicken Your Eyebrows Naturally
Your eyebrows define your face. Bold and thick eyebrows are all the rage right now, and everyone – from catwalk models to red carpet divas – is sporting them with great elan. Fuller arches can take years off your face and enhance your look. If you want to lay a claim to this look, you have come to the right place. We have the perfect list of home remedies that can help you flaunt those thick eyebrows.
Thick eyebrows have always been in demand. Thick, well-shaped eyebrows can enhance your look, while thin and sparse eyebrows can make you look older and dull.
Many people end up with eyebrows that are too thin because of over plucking, threading or waxing. Sometimes, thin eyebrows occur as a result of the aging process, nutritional deficiencies, poor cosmetic application or medical conditions like hypothyroidism, eczema and alopecia areata.
Perfectly shaped eyebrows highlight one’s face and personality. We all are aware of how bold eyebrows have become a rage, and yet not too long back, pencil-thin eyebrows dominated the style industry.
Castor oil is one of the most effective remedies to boost the growth of your eyebrows. It contains protein, vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants that nourish the hair follicles and promote hair growth. Plus, it is helpful in resisting any microorganisms that hamper eyebrow hair growth.
- Soak a cotton swab in pure castor oil and apply it on each eyebrow.
- Massage gently with your fingertips for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser.
- Repeat once daily for a few weeks until you notice an improvement.
Your eyebrows are made up of proteins. Coconut oil reduces protein loss and makes your brows stronger. The lauric acid present in it acts as an antimicrobial agent and prevents infection of the hair follicles. This prevents further damage to your brows and stimulates them to grow faster.
To enjoy dense and impressive eyebrows, you can use coconut oil. The various proteins, as well as nutrients like vitamin E and iron in coconut oil, promote healthy and thick eyebrows. It can also help make your eyebrows darker.
- Put a few drops of warm coconut oil on your fingertips and apply it on your eyebrows.
- Massage gently for a few minutes to boost blood circulation.
- Leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, rinse it off with warm water.
- Do this daily for 1 to 2 months to notice changes in the thickness of your eyebrows.
Olive oil contains vitamins A and E that help in the growth of hair. Vitamin E nourishes each hair strand while vitamin A stimulates the production of sebum, your body’s natural oil, which helps with hair growth.
Olive oil is also good for your eyebrows. Being rich in vitamin E, olive oil can help your eyebrow hair grow faster and thicker. It will also help keep it dark-hued.
- Massage your eyebrows with warm olive oil for 5 minutes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight, then rinse it off with warm water the next morning.
- Alternatively, prepare a mixture with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and a few drops of honey.
- Apply it on your eyebrows and massage for a few minutes. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Follow either of these remedies once daily until you get the desired results.
Fenugreek seeds have been considered an important component of hair care. The proteins and nicotinic acid present in it stimulate hair growth. It also rebuilds the hair follicles, thus causing fresh hair growth.
Fenugreek seeds can also help grow thick eyebrows. They are rich in protein as well as nicotinic acid and lecithin that promote hair growth. The seeds also help in rebuilding hair follicles.
- Soak 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water for at least 5 hours.
- Grind the soaked seeds into a thick paste, then add a little coconut oil or almond oil.
- Apply the paste on the brows just before going to bed.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off in the morning with warm water.
- Follow this remedy 2 or 3 times a week for 2 months.
Milk is believed to be good for hair growth as it contains many essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
- Soak the cotton ball in the milk.
- Gently massage your eyebrows with the cotton ball.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes and then wash with water.
Research has ascertained that hibiscus extract promotes hair growth. Both the flower and the leaves work well, with the leaves having a slight upper hand.
- Crush the hibiscus flower/leaves and apply directly to your eyebrows.
- Keep it on for 30 minutes and wash with warm water.
Onion juice also aids faster and denser growth of eyebrow hair. The juice has sulfur that improves the production of collagen tissues required for proper eyebrow growth. Also, it strengthens the hair follicles.
- Grind 1 small onion and extract the juice.
- Massage this juice into the eyebrows for about 5 minutes.
- Allow it to dry on its own and then wash it off with a mild cleanser and cold water.
- Follow this treatment once daily for several weeks.
Plucking & waxing your eyebrows damages its hair follicle eternally, preventing hair from growing back ever, therefore it’s suggested that one refrain from over- plucking.