Xiaomi enjoys a celebratory status in India’s smartphone market. They are popular for the amazing specs they offer at a decent price tag and the Indian market has been eagerly waiting for their next killer model. They had announced Redmi K20 Pro as their next big launch and the model was introduced in China in last May. Ever since the Indian fans have been eagerly waiting for its launch.
Bringing an end to the anticipation, Flipkart India has finally listed Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro with a dedicated page, teasing its launch on the 17th of July. The specs provided in the e-commerce giant’s page confirms the features like AI triple camera, Snapdragon processor, in-display fingerprint sensor, pop-up selfie camera setup, and an Aura Prime design.
Redmi K20 Pro was available in China in multiple variants with various storage options and was priced from approximately ₹24,900/- for the base variant. We can expect them to be priced around the same range, with almost similar features.
Before the official launch, let us take a look at the expected specifications and features.
- Octa-core Kryo 485 processor setup
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855chipset
- Adreno 640 GPU
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Pop-up selfie camera
- Face unlock
- 650% more heat dissipation capacity
- 6GB RAM + 64GB internal storage (expected in India)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage
- 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage
- 8GB RAM + 256GB internal storage
- Does not support external storage
- 39-inch bezel-less, full-screen display
- Full HD+ 1080×2340 pixels AMOLED panel
- Aspect ratio of 19.5:9
- The screen-to-body ratio of 91.9 %
- Hardware DC dimming support
- AI-powered triple rear camera
- 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 primary sensor with an f/1.75 lens
- 13-megapixel secondary sensor with a wide-angle lens
- 8-megapixel sensor with an f/2.4 lens
- 8°super wide-angle photography
- Amazing low-light photography
- 1080p videos at 960fps
- 2160p videos at 30/60fps
- 20-megapixel pop-up selfie camera
- Panoramic self-timer
- Drop protection
- Press protection
- 1080p videos at 30 fps
- Android 9.0 (Pie)OS
- MIUI 10 skin
- Dual Nano-SIM
- 4G/ LTE
- USB Type-C
- 5mm headphone jack
- 4,000mAhLi-Polymer battery
- 27W fast charging support
- 58% charge in 30mins
- Glass Body
- Flame texture
- P2i splash proof coating
- Dimensions – 156.70 x 74.30 x 8.80mm
- Weighs 191.00 g
- Carbon Black, Glacier Blue, Flame red variants
- ₹ 24,900/-for 6GB RAM + 64GB
- ₹ 29,900/- for 8GB RAM + 256GB
- Immersive display
- Pop-up selfie camera
- Smooth performance
- Fast charging
- Power back-up
- Lacks external memory support
Xiaomi Redmi K20
Most of the features of Redmi K20 is similar to that of its Pro variant. Minor differences include a Snapdragon 730 SoC processor in place of the Redmi K20 Pro’s Snapdragon 855 processor. The triple rear camera setup of the Redmi K20 has a 48-megapixel Sony IMX582 primary sensor. The model only has an 18W fast charging instead of the 27W fast charging support in Redmi K20 Pro. Expected to be priced around ₹19,000/-, Redmi K20 pro can be the most affordable phone with a powerful processor setup.
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro has all the features that are found in a mid-range smartphone, even more. Powered by a strong heart of Snapdragon 855chipset, the model is certain to guarantee amazing performance even at times of peak usage. Multi-tasking and graphics-heavy games are definitely not going to affect the butter smooth performance of this phone.
Commendable visual quality is promised from the notch-less full-screen AMOLED display. If you are a fan of photography, the triple AI camera setup is going to benefit you a lot. Amazing details and vibrancy of images are maintained without being compromised on.
The in-built heat dissipation system prevents your phone from overheating even after prolonged hours of usage. Backed by a 4000 mAh battery, you can remain ‘unplugged’ all day. Even if you run out of battery, fast-charging is sure to help you get going in no time.
The only con is that it lacks external storage support. This is not going to affect you much if you are ready to spend a few thousand more to get the 256GB internal storage version. When comparing with the other specs, this shortcoming is not going to prevent Redmi K20 Pro from becoming the ultimate flagship killer in the market right now.
Redmi K20 Pro is going to take up the place of competitors like Poco F1 as the next most affordable flagship in the mid-range.
If you are looking forward to owning premium like features and build qualities in a medium price range, then this is the right choice for you.